Monday, April 29, 2013

Etude House/ TONYMOLY product reviews for SOKO GLAM [sponsored]

I know I said I will be reviewing clothing next, but this was a nice surprise of a review! I have a few products I was sent to review by the lovely new Korean beauty product store, SOKO GLAM.  The products I was sent were the Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint in Cherry Hot Pink, Etude House White Moistfull First Essence, Etude House Missing U I Can Fly Hand Cream in #2 Kakapo Sunny Sunny Apple scent, and TONYMOLY Czone Intensive Firming Care Patch.



 SOKO GLAM was created a few months ago by Charlotte Lee, who is a Korean beauty product lover herself. Every item in her store is tested and approved personally by her, so you know what you're getting is a great product. The store is easy to navigate, you won't have any trouble finding exactly what you're looking for. I was really impressed with the brands they have, from brands that are well known to western Korean beauty enthusiasts like Etude House and Skinfood, to brands that are popular in Korea, but near impossible to find and buy online like Too Cool For School and Banila Co. One of the best parts of this store is the #thoughtfullycurated section (though, the whole store is thoughtfully curated!) where a selection of items will be introduced at the beginning of every month, that are newly recommended by Charlotte, and if you'd like to recommend a product for her to test and possibly add to her store you can always send her a note on the SOKO GLAM facebook page!

Another plus to this store, everything in the store ships from New York, so US buyers will get their products within a few days (it took 2 days to get to me). Anyone who buys Korean beauty products online know how terrible the loooong waaait of shipping from Asia is.


The items arrived in a box with some packing paper, both environmentally friendly and efficient in keeping items safe!

The first thing I wanted to try out is the lip tint, mainly because I just did a review of the same product but in a different color.


(top: hot pink cherry tint, bottom red cherry tint)




It is more or less the same rating as the other color I reviewed (here). The color's name is hot pink, but I think it's more like a pink fuchsia. Either way, it's super pretty!







The Missing U I Can Fly hand cream is SO adorable. I can't wait til it's empty so I can use the jar hahaha! The point behind it's cute shape is that some of the proceeds go to helping endangered wildlife. The box is made from recycled paper and is printed with soy ink! The lotion itself is very nice, the apple scent isn't too overwhelming, it's hydrating, and a little goes a long way, so it will last a while even with regular use. 
scent: 4.5/5
hydration: 5/5
overall: 5/5



The Etude House White Moistfull First Essence I was sent isn't actually in the store, but oh well! It's only a little sample so I'll do a review on first impressions of it anyhow.
It's suppose to whiten and moisturize, but I don't know how much whitening would be noticed in the first use... Or if it's possible for me to get any whiter haha. On the other hand, it's a good moisturizer, sometimes moisturizers=instant oily face, however this moisturizer balances dry skin and oily skin to become soft and hydrated skin. It has a watery consistency and doesn't leave a sticky feeling either.

first impression: 3/5

THIS. This, is the TONYMOLY Czone Patch. I have heard so many positive things about it, visible difference in one use! It is for "intensive firming" and though I don't really have eye bags or wrinkles yet (did I just jinx myself -.-) it's never too early to use products to keep them at bay for as long as possible. 

The eye patches are a c shape that you can position to fit around your eyes, but don't expect to be doing anything that involves seeing for the next half hour or so, if you open your eyes the patches get crooked and just generally doesn't feel good haha. The patches feel like jelly, and are easily removed. 

 TA DA! Amazing bright eyes! It definitely reduced any puffiness around my eyes, but the dark circles!!! Almost completely gone! Everywhere the patch was feels firmer and brighter. The only bad thing I have to say about the patches is that they don't smell bad BUT the don't smell particularly good either.
Overall: 5/5
I might have to buy myself more of these hahaha

If you'd like to look into purchasing any of the products I reviewed (minus the White Moistfull First Essence haha) I would strongly suggest getting them from SOKO GLAM for a great buying experience. The shipping is fast, and if you have any questions you can contact them and expect a quick response.  The also just announced their new #thoughtfullycurated items for May, you can check that out here.











3 comments:

  1. That pink tint looks so nice! I may have to buy one :) Please check out my blog:

    thewhitedoe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Fresh Cherry Tint as well and I love it so much. :)
    btw, I have a giveaway on my blog, you might want to join? :D

    ♔ CC Cream Giveaway ♔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute packaging! I cant wait to purchase some etude products ;A;

    http://withanneb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete